Our successful collaborations extend to renowned brands with customer bases typically exceeding 10 million, spanning various industries, including retail, travel and leisure, banking and healthcare.
Unlocking Revenue Growth: A Data-Driven Transformation in Fashion Retail
- The fashion retailer, previously reliant on industry expertise and primarily email data, faced the challenge of underutilising their valuable data resources.
- Their unused data warehouse presented an opportunity to improve margins and customer engagement.
- We aimed to unlock the power of their data by identifying customer segments and shopping behaviours.
- Data Quality: We improved identity management practices, resulting in the deduplication of around 8 million customer records.
- Data Transformation: Machine learning algorithms segmented customers into distinct demand profiles and identified key shopping behaviours.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI Deployment: We leveraged customer segments and shopping insights to understand customer preferences and drive strategy.
- Our data-driven approach informed the design of a customer loyalty program and communication strategy.
- The insights gained led to a customer-centric program with an estimated £95 million in addressable revenue growth (approximately 10% of total revenue).
Boosting Homeware Chain Performance
- Client had traditionally focused on transactional rewards and basket-level SKUs analysis, overlooking deeper customer engagement drivers.
- Rapier was entrusted with developing a data-driven approach to define shopping missions, understand customer behaviour and enhance future performance.
- Data Quality: Sales coverage expanded from 25% to 85% through payment token matching.
- Routine SKU re-use issues were resolved through product hierarchy governance.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI and Fast Forward deployment: The Perceived Value Segmentation enabled the implementation of the Customer Fast Forward to project performance, assess future risks and pinpoint untapped growth opportunities with potential revenue upsides.
- Identified a 12% increment in revenue potential.
- Quantified improvements in acquisition and brand activities, loyalty strategies, relationship risks and targeted conversion initiatives.
- Client established a ‘Hot House’ cross-functional team to implement growth opportunities discovered by the Customer Fast Forward.
- Near term benefits of shopping missions retargeting included a £25 million annual sales increase.
Retail Promotions effectiveness: Rapier Insights for Profit and Customer Value
- Client serves a vast customer base of 45 million and operates 325 stores with over 50,000 SKUs, generating £0.5 billion in promotional sales.
- Despite extensive use of promotions, client had no detailed insight into which promotions resonated with which customers or contributed to short-term profit and long-term customer value growth.
- Data Quality: Poorly managed metadata posed difficulties in specifying promotions accurately. We implemented inline Data Quality methodologies to rectify these specification issues.
- Data Transformation: We developed a customer-centric view of promotion performance to identify the most effective promotions for different customer segments.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI deployment: client gained comprehensive insights into the impact of promotions, including their effect on commercial and customer value by strand, mechanic and time period.
- Enabled a targeted strategy for a margin investment budget of over £240 million.
- Enhanced visibility into promotions that drive sales growth (30% only) and those consuming a significant portion of the budget (40%).
- Improved planning, faster optimisation and the creation of a new promotional forecasting tool.
- The ability to express promotional strategy in terms of customer value impacts fosters collaboration between customer and commercial teams, delivering optimal outcomes for the brand and customers.
TRAVEL & LEISURE
AIRLINE LOYALTY: A DATA-DRIVEN APPROACH TO CUSTOMER VALUE GROWTH
- Leading airline group sought to enhance customer value through loyalty and the development of improved loyalty flying clubs proposition.
- Club is highly regarded as one of the leading airline loyalty schemes, yet it lacked insights into the factors driving customer loyalty and commercial revenue.
- Data Transformation: Employed our Mission Transformation to convert individual ticket data and link it to the club data, resulting in a comprehensive understanding of customers’ travel experiences.
- Deployed Rapier’s Customer Dynamics AI product to gain a holistic view of the club performance, encompassing data related to collection, redemption events, partners, tier growth and maintenance.
- The analysis of growth drivers allowed the client to prioritise investments in collection and redemption partners within the scheme.
- Initiated new tier retention policies for enhancing customer loyalty.
- Developed highly personalised communications that delivered a remarkable 6x improvement in email campaign performance.
Transforming Retail Banking: Rapier’s Journey to Customer-Centric Engagement
- A leading bank aimed to shift from product-focused marketing to a customer-centric approach.
- The transformation focused on fostering customer engagement but lacked a method to measure and comprehend the value exchange for non-transactional interactions.
- Data Quality: Assimilated over 9 billion customer service interactions from the client’s Customer Service Logs.
- Achieved a data coverage rate of 99.9%, eliminating noise.
- Developed event codes and created a categorisation hierarchy.
- Data Transformation: Utilised Rapier Platform’s Mission Methodology to analyse customer data, identifying services and features that enhance engagement and downstream value growth.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI deployment: Combined this newfound insight with existing segmentations to quantify the top-level engagement challenges faced by the bank and defined use cases to address these challenges.
- Identified several £100m’s addressable opportunity through increasing average number of products subscribed/ customer.
- Achieved a remarkable 25%+ uplift in engagement for selected use cases.
- Identified primary journeys and key customer segments to focus on for maximum impact.
Veterinary Clinic Performance Tool
- Client wanted to better understand how each practice was performing and how they could improve performance.
- They could only track performance based on top-line financials leaving little understanding on why performance was good or bad, if it was changing over time and how to improve it. Consequently, initiatives to support clinics were slow, reactive and often resisted by clinics who could not see their value, or worse, saw Marketing and revenue growth at odds with providing exceptional care.
- There was also no view of how clinic capacity affected performance.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI deployment: Rapier created insight and dashboards offering a common language between clinics and central teams. In collaboration with the Chief Clinical Officer, we designed an evolved set of KPI’s built around Client’s view of gold-standard clinical care and case management. They included more pointed, actionable KPIs such as diagnostics compliance, appointment attendance, estimate take-up rates, membership retention, client contractability.
- We also ingested contextual data such as staff capacity, equipment status and NPS.
- By combining KPI’s and context, Client have created a prioritised client value growth plan for every clinic with capacity, collaboratively delivered through the Rapier platform by Clinical Operations, Marketing and Clinics.
- These reports are now being proactively requested by regional directors and branch managers.
- The data also informs T50/T100 initiatives designed to monitor and support groups of priority 50 and 100 clinics which are struggling.
Behavioural Segmentation Tool
- Client had previously undertaken qualitative research to understand the different types of clients, their needs and attitudes to inform their branding, service offering and marketing activity.
- But they had no sense of how prevalent each ‘persona’ was, nor could they map them to any real business metrics such as spend, compliance, service engagement, membership, pet ownership, etc.
- Our client needed to understand how valuable different client types were and how that value distributed across the base.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI deployment: We transformed and analysed over 3 years of Client data to build 7x analysis layers, each providing client and pet attributes on journeys, compliance, healthcare plans, pathways, service engagement, insurance, lifecycle status and comms engagement.
- These attributes were then used as inputs for clustering analysis to segment clients who behave in similar ways.
- We then used hundreds of attributes to describe each profile using real business metrics, quantifying their size and value.
- We overlayed our output with the qualitative research to give more insight on attitudes which cannot be tracked.
- The Client Profiles and in particular, penetration levels for Profile 1 have become a key KPI for company and clinic performance reporting and forecasting.
- Profiles are used for CRM segmentation and targeting.
- By tracking historical transitions between profiles, we can see which attributes and behaviours drive movements across the profiles. These drivers can be targeted to accelerate positive transitions or decelerate undesirable transitions.
Healthcare Compliance Scoring
- Before working with Rapier, Client had no way to accurately track how compliant pets were with quality care standards.
- Instead, engagement with certain treatments such as vaccinations and parasite control were based on arbitrary calculations using revenue category transactions and pet counts.
- Consequently, compliance could not be correlated with revenue or other initiatives promoted by head office such as memberships.
- This meant clinics could not see that value of certain initiatives in terms of their priorities – pet health and quality care.
- Working closely with the Client Clinical team Rapier documented care standards for each pet based on species and age and then tracked compliance with these standards for all pets and clients.
- Customer Health Score deployment: Compliance was scored overall and for components such as worming.
- Scores could then be correlated with other pet attributes and behaviours, revealing drivers of compliance as well as the impact of certain initiatives on revenue and clinical compliance.
- Additional opportunity to share compliance data with pet owners who want to track their pets’ health, while prompting Next Best Clinic Action.
- Compliance scores are a key part of clinic performance and action plans, ensuring quality care standards are upheld.
- Correlations between compliance and the membership program were used to show the value for pet health (in addition to revenue), encouraging promotion by clinicians.
- Tracking compliance trends over a pet’s lifetime shows key moments where marketing can maintain good habits.
- Compliance scoring is commonly used in conversations with partners such as vaccine suppliers to quantify usage.
Clinic Acquisition & Planning Tools
- The client team were responsible for nationwide clinic acquisitions, refurbishments and rebrands.
- Prioritisation of clinic upgrades and investments had been based on financial performance and desk research on local areas. Often this included assumptions and was time-consuming to produce.
- Client needed a way to make business case development less assumption-based, quicker and easier.
- Rapier Customer Dynamics AI and Fast Forward deployment: Through data restructures and analysis, purpose-built dashboards were developed to score clinic performance against operational functions and compare KPIs against nearby clinics, regional and base averages.
- Third-party data was also ingested to gauge local demographics, drive times for prospects and locality of competitors.
- Rapier dashboards supported 100+ acquisitions/ c.£200M worth of investment decisions in c. 24 months (with an average clinic acquisition worth c. £2m).
- The Rapier dashboards replaced the need for manual analysis and research, permitting time-efficient, systemised decision-making.
Healthcare Group Fast Forward forecasting
- Client has 450+ veterinary practices across the UK.
- They wanted to better understand the needs and behaviours of their clients and pets and identify high-priority actions to drive company growth and value for clients.
- They could only track and forecast performance of clinics based on top-line financials, they needed a clearer picture of how client make-up drives clinic performance to both improve existing clinic performance and prioritise clinic acquisition and investment.
- Traditional transaction-focussed performance management systems struggle to identify client drivers of clinic performance.
- Rapier Fast Forward deployment: The Platform transformed raw transaction data into rich picture of how Clients interact with Clinics and how they care for their pets.
- Machine learning algorithms segmented the client population into distinct demand and value profiles (see behavioural segmentation case study) to enable clinic performance optimisation at client level and board level-goals for client management could be set and tracked against the P&L.
- Fast Forward model identified and prioritised areas of revenue opportunity at approx. 17% of revenue. Just five high-impact opportunities projected to drive £30m in incremental revenue
- Using customer-level Rapier reporting, insight and strategic planning tools, Client saw improved results
- 20% increase in average spend,
- Higher retention of ‘high value customer’ segment,
- 16% increased clinic compliance with gold standard care
- Rapier data now underpins all company and clinic reporting, marketing activity and acquisition & planning decisions.